Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The things kids say...you

So obviously our children are P.K.'s (pastor's kids)... we try to do things that make our kids want to come to church and love church and love everyone there... but kids get their own ideas. Our church loves children and loves outreach. We bus in loads and loads of kids and we all share the responsibility in looking after them once they are at church. I really like to think our church is very child friendly. However, it seems this compassion has left poor little Macy very confused. Each Wednesday night at the end of each class the teacher will separate the bus children and get them ready to load, it is very important especially with the little ones who don't notice if they get on the wrong bus.  Last night during this process Macy's teacher Miss Kristen asked the bus students to please line up. Macy announces to the class that she doesn't not have to ride the bus BECAUSE SHE HAS PARENTS! Oh my word! This kind of embarrassed me a little. What have I said to make her think that all these kids do not have parents. I haven't decided how to address this topic, but I found the comment to be somewhat humorous, but I assume this will be one of many times that what I hear coming out of my child's mount has me thinking about what has been coming out of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment