Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Through the Mountains...

Life has been a lot of ups and downs lately. It seems as though we've had the "church camp" high from the amazing blessings through the building process at Bridge of Faith. I wish I had kept the letters and a journal of the love and support that God showered on our little church family.  However, anytime there is a high there will eventually be a low. Sometimes it's in the low's of life that growth happens. God has shown me several things lately: 1. He always been there for me. 2. He has always provided for me. AND 3. He has already made a plan for each and every issue that may come up in life. It's in the Bible... However, sometimes I need books written by others smarter than I am to interpret these plans for me... none the less God designed a way for me to travel through the ups and downs of life while maintaining peace. PEACE. I've missed peace. I've let things (anxiety, fear, anger, bitterness) steal the peace God has had planned for my life.  We've been taught that once we are "saved" we no longer need to repent. However, repentance is where you find peace. I am not perfect... I've had sinful thoughts (anxiety, fear, anger, bitterness). I've also allowed God to forgive me and I have peace. Peace. I've found peace through forgiveness. I've been empowered through God's word to begin living above sinful thoughts (anxiety, fear, anger, bitterness). If I could share anything with my "Christian" friends... it is peace. God made a plan for us to be at peace... free from the stress of the journey through the mountains of life. For my friends that aren't believers in Christ... There is Hope. There is a peace that only God can provide. I am thankful that God has called my husband and our little family into a life of sharing God's peace.  
"For the word of God is alive and active, Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." 
Hebrew 4:12
Anyone looking for a good book to read I highly recommend, "Heart of the Problem" By Henry Brant & Kerry Skinner ISBN: 978-0-8054-1667-1

No comments:

Post a Comment