Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Little Prayers


I always have the fear in the back of my mind that raising children in the ministry is dangerous... that they might hear too many much or experience to much while they are so young. On the other hand, I hope that being exposed to so many people will give them compassion. We can always hope. We always pray before meals and at bed time... I love little kid prayers so I've always asked Macy if she would like to pray, but she is pretty bashful and has always declined. However about a month ago Macy decided that she was ready to pray... I was pumped! So here is what she says (a nap time prayer): Dear God, thank you for our food. thank you for Macy's town. Thank you for all the people in Macy's town. Amen.  I gotta tell you lately I haven't been feeling the love for Rockaway. Sometimes it's hard to be patient and wait for change, but from the mouth of my three year old daughter... We are thankful for Macy's town and everyone in it! A few days later she wants to pray at meal time... I believe it was lunch. Here is what she says: Dear God, Thank you for our food. Thank you for Jonathan. Thank you for Amy. Thank you for Colten and thank you for Macy. Amen.  Some days it feels like nothing you do is important, but to her it is and it is always nice to hear it. I love the simplicity and truth to such little prayers. I love my kids and I love what they teach me!

No comments:

Post a Comment